Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Pleasant Dreams: An Epic Dreamcatcher

Welcome to Little Bloo Creativity!

I've been meaning to set up a creativity blog for a little while now, but it's taken until now to get around to it. LBC will be a mish-mash of different creative projects in various stages of developments. LBC was inspired by Sairs of Creating Sarah's Way and Jennifer of magnificasti mirabilia.

To start things off, the dreamcatcher I made to exhibit in the CASV art exhibition for Sexual Violence Awareness Month, in full view. To give you an idea of the height of it, if I stand and hold it with my arm above my head, it reaches my waist.



And, split into two, so you can see a few more details on the different sections:



At first I wasn't sure what colours to use, but when a friend suggested the teal and purple with silver, I knew it was perfect - those are CASV's colours, and it felt very appropriate. In the closer shots, you can just make out some of the beads on the webbing - the blues DC has tiny round purple beads while the purples DCs are threaded with matching tiny aqua beads. The silver has a mixture of gem stone pieces - sodalite (insight & intuition) and aventurine (healing) on the blues DC; amythest (a dream stone) on the purples DCs.

You can't see in the photographs, but I used several types of beads on the tassels. A couple of different colours of pony beads generally hold the feathers in place, but I've also used a selection of purple, blue and clear heart dangles on the tassels.

All up, I couldn't even tell you how many hours this took. The webbing on the main DC alone took several days. Let me tell you something, though -- it was worth every second.

Along with several other works, I've put this up for Silent Auction; any suggestions on how much to accept, should anyone offer to purchase it, would definitely be appreciated!

4 comments:

  1. These are just beautiful Chrysalis, you've done such and awesome job. I could never imagine making something so gorgeous. Awesome :-)

    ~Sarah~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, thank you, Sarah! I had a lot of fun making it (in between moments of frustration). :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks so professional, I would have thought you bought it from somewhere. It does look like it took a lot of time and effort to make.

    ReplyDelete